And now for the final piece of the puzzle, a look inside the official ProZone post match report provided to the technical staff. This is the statistical stuff that goes well beyond the basic box score and can really give a feel for some of the finer nuances of any given game. Here's a sampling from the season opener against Chivas USA:
- Sporting KC completed 176 of 230 passes with a success rate of 76.5%.
- Captain Davy Arnaud attempted the most with 26, but fellow midfielder Stephane Auvray completed the most with 20 after coming on in place of Craig Rocastle.
- Who completed the highest percentage of their passes? Rookie C.J. Sapong, successfully sending 18 of 19 passes for an impressive 94.7% success rate.
- Sapong also won the most headers, beating out centerbacks Matt Besler (12) and Julio Cesar (13) with 17 successful aerial battles to his name.
- Who received the most passes? Omar Bravo and Kei Kamara each had 38.
- Best passing relationship? Omar Bravo and Milos Stojcev who combined nine times between each other.
- On the defensive end, Stephane Auvray made the most tackles with six, while Besler led all players with 22 interceptions.